What is Patent Artwork? Collages of iconic inventions which include elements from the patent filing and a photograph of the item on a contextual background.
- Research is done to find the patents for the iconic inventions.
- Further research is done to find the actual invention that was patented. This takes a long time to ensure that it is the correct item and that it matches the patent that was filed.
- Item is then photographed.
- Elements from the patent are extracted – main drawings and some text.
- Contextual background is created.
- Patent elements, photographs and background are brought together as a collage.
“Legal language and the draftsman’s pen are juxtaposed with a photographic image of the actual invention and the viewer is left with a glimpse of how a dream became a reality.”